About the job
What Will You Be Doing?
Let me take you through a typical day of a Driver at Boels in Melksham. In the morning, you start at 0730hrs and fortunately the transport planning is already done. Together with your colleagues, you load all the plant equipment and small tools into the vans and you take your coffee ‘to-go’ because you are need to deliver the equipment straight to the client. You are on your way and unfortunately get stuck in a traffic jam (typical!!!). Because you know how important it is to deliver on time, you call your colleague at the branch so that he can pass this information on to the customer. Once you get there, an impatient contractor comes up to you. As a Driver, you know better than anyone how to solve this and you know how to get the contractor back on-side. This way, you can quickly unload and move on to the next job. When you are at one of the sites, you advise on the use of the machines, carefully check the technical condition of them and make sure that the administration is done correctly. Your eye for detail is really important here!
At the end of the rental period, you collect all the equipment from the customer and bring it back to the Melksham branch. This way, the mechanics can clean and check it, so we can make the next customer happy again!
It can sometimes be hard physical work as a Driver, but this is what you like to do! You roll up your sleeves and get stuck in! Sometimes your colleagues at the counter might need help. You jump in and help them, without thinking twice. One goal, one team!
For this job, you finish around 5 o'clock every day (of course, there are exceptions). This means you have plenty of time to be with your family, play sports or hang out with friends. Sounds good, right?
The Boels Family
With over 7,000 colleagues, 750 branches in 18 countries, the Boels family business is one of Europe's leaders in machine and tool hire. Our values describe the way we work. Firstly, we are proactive. Together we get things done and go that extra mile. With our dedication, we deliver the best results. Secondly, we think and work as one company. We share our ideas and our ways of working. Are there problems? We solve them together! Because together, we are one big orange family!
The orange Boels team in which you will be working in Melksham consists of various different functions. You will all work collaboratively to ensure that hired equipment is delivered to the customer at the correct location. Together with the one other driver, you will form the ‘dream team’!
This depot is conveniently located to the South of Melksham, close to the Western Way Roundabout.
‘Good geographical knowledge of the Melksham area!’ ‘Outstanding customer service and attention to detail!’: It's you, so you fit into our orange team in Melksham. To also become the best at Boels as a Driver, you have to:
- Be over 21 (for insurance reasons) - ESSENTIAL
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience (for insurance reasons) - ESSENTIAL
- Possess a full, clean BE Driving Licence (this permits you to tow trailers)– ESSENTIAL
**Candidates who do not evidence all of the essential criteria on their CV will be automatically disqualified**
What Boels Offers
If you come to work with Boels Rental in Melksham as a Driver, then you do that for a good reason. We will value your skills and that is why you can expect from us:
- A competitive annual salary ranging from £21,769 to £25,610 plus quarterly performance based bonuses. The salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salary offered will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, relevant skills/experience, relevant qualifications and performance
- 33 leave days of annual leave per year including official bank holidays.
- At Boels, we recognise the benefits that contributing to the community can have on our mental strength. This is why we also offer all our employees one additional day of leave per year (separate to the annual leave allowance) to spend supporting their local community, getting involved with a local charity, or boosting their mental strength.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Boels Rental offers you an Employee Assistance Programme with access to legal, health and wellbeing advice and support when you need it most (https://www.healthassured.org/)
- Boels Rental recognises and honours our employees with quarterly and annual awards.
- You can take advantage of the TechScheme (https://www.techscheme.co.uk/)
- You can take advantage of the Cycle to Work scheme (https://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/)
Is the job of Driver in Melksham a bullseye? Apply directly by clicking on the apply button. Do you still have a specific question? My name is Francine and I am happy to answer via WhatsApp/SMS on 0031 639 111 121. Will I hear from you soon?