About the job
Boels Pit Stop
Due to an internal promotion, we are now seeking a replacement Assistant Depot Manager for our Melksham branch. You will be responsible for supporting your Depot Manager with all operational and strategic matters at the branch. At the front of house, you will be supervising the hire desk staff to ensure that customer enquiries are handled efficiently enabling maximum conversion into hire and sales transactions At the back of house, you will be overseeing the workshop staff to ensure the fast and safe turnaround of equipment.
Leading from the front, you will enable and encourage your team to adhere to the H&S and quality standards that both you and Boels have set. As a driven Assistant Depot Manager at our Melkshambranch, you will always have you eye on the P&L revenues and targets to ensure that your depot performs at its peak ability. You will always be seeking new and resourceful ways to improve your depot’s efficiency and productivity. The customer is key to you! Although you will be focused on retaining your existing customers, you will always have one eye on the competition and the new opportunities and revenue that you can acquire. Finally, you will accurately assist your Depot Manager with the completion of the necessary weekly, monthly or quarterly administration required for the Melkshamdepot.
Your usual working hours will be Monday to Friday, 0730hrs to 1700hrs.
The Boels Family
With over 7,000 colleagues, 750 branches in 18 countries, the Boels family business is one of Europe's leaders in machine and tool hire. Our values describe the way we work. Firstly, we are proactive. Together we get things done and go that extra mile. With our dedication, we deliver the best results. Secondly, we think and work as one company. We share our ideas and our ways of working. Are there problems? We solve them together! Because together, we are one big orange family!
The orange team in Melksham that you can be a part of consists of several enthusiastic colleagues in various fields. This depot is conveniently located to the South of Melksham, close to the Western Way Roundabout.
The Orange Team & You
‘A proven ability to lead and inspire your team!’ ‘A top understanding of the plant/tool hire or construction/civils industries!’: It's you, so you fit into our orange team in Melksham. To also become the best at Boels as an Assistant Depot Manager, you have to:
- Evidence a minimum of 3 years plant/tool hire industry experience. ESSENTIAL
- Be an experienced and driven Assistant Depot Manager (within plant/tool hire) looking for a horizontal move or be an experienced and driven Hire Controller (within plant/tool hire) that is looking to be promoted. ESSENTIAL
The personal qualities that we expect you to demonstrate are:
- Goal and results driven mindset, with a focus on both enhancing the customer experience and maximising revenue.
- Commercial astuteness with an ability to plan logically and strategically.
- Organisational skills with the aim to keep the administration of your depot in a ship-shape manner.
You get a lot of Boels
If you come to work with Boels Rental as an Assistant Depot Manager in Melksham, then you do that for a good reason. We will value your skills and that is why you can expect from us:
- A competitive annual salary ranging from £23,908 to £28,126 plus quarterly performance based bonuses. The salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salary offered will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, relevant skills/experience, relevant qualifications and performance
- 33 leave days of annual leave per year including official bank holidays.
- At Boels, we recognise the benefits that contributing to the community can have on our mental strength. This is why we also offer all our employees one additional day of leave per year (separate to the annual leave allowance) to spend supporting their local community, getting involved with a local charity, or boosting their mental strength.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Boels Rental offers you an Employee Assistance Programme with access to legal, health and wellbeing advice and support when you need it most (https://www.healthassured.org/)
- Boels Rental recognises and honours our employees with quarterly and annual awards.
- You can take advantage of the TechScheme (https://www.techscheme.co.uk/)
- You can take advantage of the Cycle to Work scheme (https://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/)
Is the job of Assistant Depot Manager in Melksham a bullseye? Apply directly by clicking on the apply button. Do you still have a specific question? My name is Francine and I am happy to answer via WhatsApp/SMS on 0031 639 111 121. Will I hear from you soon?