About the job
Boels Pit Stop
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for a new Mechanic to take care of Boels Rental in Newcastle/Gateshead. As our Mechanic, you will be kept busy servicing, maintaining and repairing light and medium machinery and plant equipment.
After your repair task is completed, you’ll then get busy using electronic equipment to check, and test that machinery, so that it is certified safe and fit to be hired out to our customers in Newcastle/Gateshead.
Some of the machinery that you could get the chance to work on is engines, transmission systems, hydraulics, electronics, pneumatic, and parts of plant chassis/frames, such as tracks, wheels and booms. You will have the chance to service and repair anything from generators, compressors and concrete mixers to compacting machines, (road rollers/plates), powered hand tools and disc cutters. You’ll never get bored, that’s for sure!
With your acute awareness of H&S compliance, you will carefully carry out safety inspections and checks, keeping comprehensive records of the work. As an experienced mechanical fitter, safety and quality will, of course, come naturally to you anyway. Your working hours will be Monday to Friday, 0730hrs to 1700hrs.
The Boels Family
With over 7,000 colleagues, 750 branches in 18 countries, the Boels family business is one of Europe's leaders in machine and tool hire. Our values describe the way we work. Firstly, we are proactive. Together we get things done and go that extra mile. With our dedication, we deliver the best results. Secondly, we think and work as one company. We share our ideas and our ways of working. Are there problems? We solve them together! Because together, we are one big orange family!
The orange team in Newcastle/Gateshead that you can be a part of consists of one other Mechanic. Together you will partner up to ensure that our machines are well looked after! This depot is conveniently located in Team Valley.
The Orange Team & You
‘You roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty’. ‘You enjoy transforming varied equipment into serviceable pieces of kit for our customers to hire’: It's you, so you fit into our orange team in Newcastle/Gateshead. To also become the best at Boels Rental as a Mechanic, you have to:
- Have a high level of mechanical, diagnostic and fault-finding skills, coupled with the ability to work quickly and effectively to minimise delays on site.
- Be able to work independently, and make decisions, without direct supervision.
- Have proven experience of repairing plant equipment and small tools.
- Possess NVQ/SVQ in Plant Mechanics/ Plant Maintenance or similar. (relevant experience can be accepted in lieu of qualifications)
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence.
You Get A Lot Of Boels
If you come to work with Boels Rental in Newcastle/Gateshead as a Mechanic, then you do that for a good reason. We will value your skills and that is why you can expect from us:
- A salary ranging from £23,908 to £28,126 plus quarterly performance based bonuses. The salary range listed represents the low and high end of the salary range for this individual position. Actual salary will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, relevant experience, relevant qualifications and performance.
- 33 leave days of annual leave per year including official bank holidays.
- At Boels, we recognise the benefits that contributing to the community can have on our mental strength. This is why we also offer all our employees one additional day of leave per year (separate to the annual leave allowance) to spend supporting their local community, getting involved with a local charity, or boosting their mental strength.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Boels Rental offers you an Employee Assistance Programme with access to legal, health and wellbeing advice and support when you need it most (https://www.healthassured.org/)
- Boels Rental recognises and honours our employees with quarterly and annual awards.
- You can take advantage of the TechScheme (https://www.techscheme.co.uk/)
- You can take advantage of the Cycle to Work scheme (https://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/)
Is the job of Mechanic in Newcastle/Gateshead a bullseye? Apply directly by clicking on the apply button. Do you still have a specific question? My name is Francine and I am happy to answer via WhatsApp/SMS on 0031 639 111 121. Will I hear from you soon?