About the job
Boels Pit Stop
Are you taking care of Boels Rental in Oxford? As our Fitter, you will be kept busy servicing, maintaining and repairing light and medium machinery and plant equipment. After your repair task is completed, you’ll then get busy using electronic equipment to check, and test that machinery, so that it is certified safe and fit to be hired out to our customers in Oxford.
Some of the machinery that you could get the chance to work on is engines, transmission systems, hydraulics, electronics, pneumatic, and parts of plant chassis/frames, such as tracks, wheels and booms. You will have the chance to service and repair anything from generators, compressors and concrete mixers to compacting machines, (road rollers/plates), powered hand tools and disc cutters. You’ll never get bored, that’s for sure!
With your acute awareness of H&S compliance, you will carefully carry out safety inspections and checks, keeping comprehensive records of the work. As an experienced mechanical fitter, safety and quality will, of course, come naturally to you anyway. Your working hours will be Monday to Friday, 0730hrs to 1700hrs.
The Boels Family
With over 7,000 colleagues, 750 branches in 18 countries, the Boels family business is one of Europe's leaders in machine and tool hire. Our values describe the way we work. Firstly, we are proactive. Together we get things done and go that extra mile. With our dedication, we deliver the best results. Secondly, we think and work as one company. We share our ideas and our ways of working. Are there problems? We solve them together! Because together, we are one big orange family! The orange team in Oxford, to which you can belong, consists of several enthusiastic colleagues in different roles. Together, with the other Fitter, you will both work collaboratively to ensure that our customer orders are fulfilled and that any on-site breakdowns are resolved quickly. The Oxford depot is conveniently located to the South East of Oxford, right by the A4142 (Eastern By-Pass Road) in Cowley.
The Orange Team & You
‘You roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty’ ‘You like the technical challenge of repairing equipment’: It's you, so you fit into our orange team in Oxford. To also become the best at Boels Rental as a Fitter, you have to:
- Have a high level of mechanical, diagnostic and fault-finding skills, coupled with the ability to work quickly and effectively to minimise delays on site.
- Be able to work independently, and make decisions, without direct supervision.
- Have proven experience of repairing plant equipment and small tools.
- Possess NVQ/SVQ in Plant Mechanics/ Plant Maintenance or similar. (relevant, recent technical experience can be accepted in lieu of qualifications)
- Hold a full, clean UK Driving Licence.
You Get A Lot Of Boels
If you come to work with Boels Rental in Oxford as a Fitter, then you do that for a good reason. We will value your skills and that is why you can expect from us:
- A gross salary ranging from £27,044 to £32,453 plus quarterly performance based bonuses. The salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salary offered will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, relevant skills/experience, relevant qualifications and performance.
- 33 leave days per year including official public holidays
- At Boels, we recognise the benefits that contributing to the community can have on our mental strength. This is why we also offer all our employees one additional day of leave per year (separate to the annual leave allowance) to spend supporting their local community, getting involved with a local charity, or boosting their mental strength.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Boels Rental invests in your development to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date
- With us you can stay fit by taking advantage of the Cycle To Work scheme.
Is the job of Fitter in Oxford a bullseye? Apply directly by clicking on the apply button. Do you still have a specific question? My name is Francine and I am happy to answer via WhatsApp/SMS on 0031 639 111 121. Will I hear from you soon?