About the job
Boels Pit Stop
As a Hire Controller at our Derby branch, you will be responsible for liaising with sales team and other functions to ensure prompt, efficient and reliable service delivery for our customers. At the front of house, you will be processing customer enquiries by telephone, email and directly in to the branch, ensuring that they are dealt with promptly and effectively. As an efficient Hire Controller, you will be maintaining regular contact with your customers to check if they have any new requirements. At the back of house, you will be kept occupied with the checking and approving of supplier invoices for the Derby branch. Finally, you’ll be arranging for the collection and return of items at the end of the hire period. You could be renting out anything from surveying equipment to lasers. Your working hours in Derby will be Monday to Friday, 0730hrs to 1700hrs.
The Boels Family
With over 7,000 colleagues, 750 branches in 18 countries, the Boels family business is one of Europe's leaders in machine and tool hire. Our values describe the way we work. Firstly, we are proactive. Together we get things done and go that extra mile. With our dedication, we deliver the best results. Secondly, we think and work as one company. We share our ideas and our ways of working. Are there problems? We solve them together! Because together, we are one big orange family!
The small team in which you will be working in Derby consists of various different functions. Everyone has their own special qualities so that we can provide our clients with the best possible service. In general, the 'work hard, play hard' mentality applies within our team, whereby we help each other when necessary. This depot is conveniently located to the East of Derby, close to the A52/A61 Pentagon roundabout.
The orange team and you
‘Good geographical knowledge of the East Midlands area!’ ‘Ensures total customer satisfaction’:It's you, so you fit into our orange team. To also become the best at Boels as a Hire Controller, you have to:
- Evidence excellent customer service skills and tactful communication, coupled with a friendly and courteous telephone manner.
- Be organised and methodical with an eye for detail.
- Be a strong team player, and enjoy working in a team.
- Be experienced in using windows and/or other hire inputting computer systems (or be IT literate with a willingness to learn how to use a new hire input system)
You get a lot of Boels
If you come to work with Boels Rental as a Hire Controller in Derby, then you do that for a good reason. We will value your skills and that is why you can expect from us:
- A salary ranging from £20,995 to £26,352 plus quarterly performance based bonuses. The salary range listed represents the low and high end of the salary range for this individual position. Actual salary will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, relevant experience, relevant qualifications and performance.
- 33 leave days per year including official public holidays
- At Boels, we recognise the benefits that contributing to the community can have on our mental strength. This is why we also offer all our employees one additional day of leave per year (separate to the annual leave allowance) to spend supporting their local community, getting involved with a local charity, or boosting their mental strength.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Boels Rental invests in your development to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date
- With us you can stay fit by taking advantage of the Cycle To Work scheme.
Is the job of Hire Controller in Derby a bullseye? Apply directly by clicking on the apply button. Do you still have a specific question? My name is Francine and I am happy to answer your questions via WhatsApp/SMS on 0031 639 111 121. Will I hear from you soon?