About the job
One day you could be carrying out servicing and routine inspections within the workshop and the next day you could be working on site or at a customer’s premises. No two days are the same. Sounds good, right? Then this Mechanic vacancy in Slough could be a match for you!
Boels Pit Stop
Are you taking care of Boels Rental in Slough? As our Mechanic, you will be kept busy servicing, maintaining and repairing light and medium machinery and plant equipment.
After your repair task is completed, you’ll then get busy using electronic equipment to check, and test that machinery, so that it is certified safe and fit to be hired out to our customers in Slough.
Some of the machinery that you could get the chance to work on is engines, transmission systems, hydraulics, electronics, pneumatic, and parts of plant chassis/frames, such as tracks, wheels and booms. You will have the chance to service and repair anything from generators, compressors and concrete mixers to compacting machines, (road rollers/plates), powered hand tools and disc cutters. You’ll never get bored, that’s for sure!
With your acute awareness of H&S compliance, you will carefully carry out safety inspections and checks, keeping comprehensive records of the work. As an experienced mechanical fitter, safety and quality will, of course, come naturally to you anyway.
Your working hours will be Monday to Friday, 0730hrs to 1700hrs.
The Boels Family
With over 7,000 colleagues, 750 branches in 17 countries, the Boels family business is one of Europe's leaders in machine and tool hire. Together we form one big orange family!
The Orange Team & You
The orange team in Slough, to which you can belong, consists several of enthusiastic colleagues in different disciplines, such as the Depot Manager, Hire Controllers, Drivers and Mechanics. Together, you will work collaboratively to ensure that our customer orders are fulfilled. Each person has a role to play in ensuring that our customers are satisfied. This depot is conveniently located right by the M4 and is also close to Slough and Burnham train stations.
"You roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty". "You enjoy transforming varied equipment into serviceable pieces of kit for our customers to hire": It's you, so you fit into our orange team. To also become the best at Boels Rental as a Mechanic, you have to:
- Have a high level of mechanical, diagnostic and fault-finding skills, coupled with the ability to work quickly and effectively to minimise delays on site.
- Be able to work independently, and make decisions, without direct supervision.
- Have proven experience of repairing plant equipment and small tools.
- Demonstrate that you keep up-to-date with NVQ/SVQ in Plant Mechanics/ Plant Maintenance or similar.
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence.
You Get A Lot Of Boels
If you come to work with Boels Rental in Slough as a Mechanic, then you do that for a good reason. We will value your skills and that is why you can expect from us:
- A salary that suits you and the job
- 33 leave days per year including official public holidays
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Boels Rental invests in your development to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date
- With us you can stay fit by taking advantage of the Cycle To Work scheme.
Is the job of Mechanic in Slough a bullseye? Upload your CV now. Do you still have a specific question? My name is Francine and I am happy to answer via WhatsApp/SMS on 0031 639 111 121. Will I hear from you soon?