About the job
We are currently seeking an Area Manager for our Boels Rental South West region. As our Area Manager, you will provide professional leadership and management to the seven depots and associated employees within your area. Sounds fun, right? Then this vacancy could be right for you!
Boels Pit Stop
As our next Area Manager, you will ensure that all depots within the region are organised and presented in the best possible manner and that they deliver expected standards with regard to KPIs, stock levels, vehicle availability, quality and customer service. You will regularly visit your depots, to review their progress and support the depot manager with any challenges or opportunities that might occur.
With your keen eye for detail and a deep understanding of the plant hire industry, you will always be seeking to make continuous improvement to our service and standards whilst engaging with regional sales managers to enhance performance. You will understand the importance of the financial performance of your area, and drive results - you get a kick out of achieving your targets! When areas and trends of concern are analysed and identified, you always ensure that appropriate plans exist or are implemented to ensure a positive outcome.
As the go-to person for the Depot Managers in the South West, you will lead, motivate and inspire them and ensure that they do the same for their own teams.
When new staff need to be recruited, you will take an active interest in collaborating with HR to find the ideal new team member. You will take a proactive role in the performance, training and career management of all staff within your area. You take a great deal of pride in your team performing and progressing.
We will provide you with a company car, so that you can regularly check in with all of your depots. You will be travelling to and from South Wales, Bristol, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire. Consistent, open communication with your depot managers will be the key to your success!
The orange team
The orange team in the South West to which you can belong consists of seven depots. Your team will be made up of many enthusiastic depot managers, assistant depot managers, hire controllers, mechanics and drivers. Want to know more about Boels? Check out our story.
Come join the Boels family
‘An ability to maximise depot P&L revenues to achieve depot budgets’, ‘Attention to detail with the skills to produce accurate reports and documents’
To become the best at Boels as an Area Manager for the South West, you have to:
- Reside inside your area (Bristol, Swansea, Cardiff, Staverton, Chippenham, Melksham, Swindon). Applicants who live outside of this area will not be considered for this role.
- Have proven experience within plant & tool hire. Applicants without this vital industry experience will not be considered to be competitive.
- Exhibit a collaborative and engaging leadership style.
- Be a highly motivated individual who is tenacious and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Display exceptional staff and customer relationship management skills with the ability to influence, create and sustain long-term partnerships.
- Demonstrate a high level of supplier, competitor and market commercial understanding, able to drive business growth to make a real difference to the bottom line.
- Have a full, clean Driving Licence.
You get a lot of Boels
If you come to work with Boels Rental as an Area Manager, then you do that for a good reason. We will always value your skills and that is why you can expect from us:
- A salary and bonus that suit you and the job
- A car, laptop and mobile telephone
- 33 leave days per year, including bank holidays
- With us, you can stay fit by taking advantage of the Cycle To Work scheme
Is the job of Area Manager (South West) a bullseye? Upload your CV now. Do you still have a question? My name is Francine and you can contact me via Whatsapp/SMS/phone on 0031 639 111 121. Will I hear from you soon?