About the job
Hi, my name is Francine and I am currently seeking a Mechanical Fitter for our Boels Rental Manchester depot! You will have the chance to service and repair anything from generators, compressors and concrete mixers to compacting machines, (road rollers/plates), powered hand tools and disc cutters. One day you could be carrying out servicing and routine inspections within the workshop and the next day you could be working on site or at a customer’s premises. No two days are the same. Sounds good, right? Then this vacancy could be just for you!
Boels Pit Stop
Are you taking care of Boels in Manchester? As a Mechanical Fitter you will be kept busy servicing, maintaining and repairing light and medium machinery and plant equipment.
After your repair task is completed, you’ll then get busy using electronic equipment to check, and test that machinery, so that it is certified safe and fit to be hired out to our customers at Manchester.
Some of the machinery that you could get the chance to work on is engines, transmission systems, hydraulics, electronics, pneumatic, and parts of plant chassis/frames, such as tracks, wheels and booms. You’ll never get bored, that’s for sure!
With your acute awareness of H&S compliance, you will carefully carry out safety inspections and checks, keeping comprehensive records of the work. As an experienced mechanical fitter, safety and quality will, of course, come naturally to you anyway.
The orange team
The orange team in Manchester to which you can belong consists several of enthusiastic colleagues in different disciplines, such as the Depot Manager, Hire Controllers, Drivers, Mechanics and Apprentice Mechanics. Together, you will work collaboratively to ensure that our customer orders are fulfilled. Each person has a role to play in ensuring that our customers are satisfied. This depot is conveniently located in the heart of Manchester, close to Piccadilly Station. Want to know more about Boels? Check out our story here.
Come join the Boels family
"You roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty" "You enjoy transforming varied equipment into serviceable pieces of kit for our customers to hire": It's you, so you fit into our orange team! To also become the best at Boels as a Mechanical Fitter, you have to:
- Have a high level of mechanical, diagnostic and fault-finding skills, coupled with the ability to work quickly and effectively to minimise delays on site
- Be able to work independently, and make decisions, without direct supervision
- Have strong communication and relationship development skills
- Demonstrate that you keep up-to-date with NVQ/SVQ in Plant Mechanics/ Plant Maintenance or similar
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence
You get a lot of Boels
If you come to work with Boels Rental as a Mechanical Fitter, then you do that for a good reason. We will value your skills and that is why you can expect from us:
- An annual salary that suits you and the job
- 33 leave days per year including official bank holidays.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Boels Rental invests in your development to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date
- Extras such as the Bike to Work scheme.
Is the job of Mechanical Fitter in Manchester a bullseye? Upload your CV now. Do you still have questions? I am happy to answer via WhatsApp/SMS on 0031 639 111 121. Will I hear from you soon?