Logistics & Transport
About the job
Hi, my name is Francine and I am currently seeking a driver for our Boels Rental Swindon depot! Your role will involve the delivery and collection of plant equipment between our customers’ sites and the Boels Rental depot. What you can do is important, yet who you are and how you do your work is equally important to us. Sounds good, right? Then this vacancy could be ideal for you!
Boels Pit Stop
Are you taking care of Boels Rental in Swindon? As a driver, you will safely deliver plant equipment from the depot to our customers’ premises and to bring it back to the depot when it is due to be returned. Your attention to detail will prove essential when checking and recording any on-site damages to our equipment. With an ability to complete essential paperwork to a high standard and to verbally communicate any on site issues regarding equipment, you will be making a huge contribution to the efficiency of your team. As a driver in our Swindon depot, you are an integral part of the team and are always open to assist your colleagues should there be a lull in your driving tasks.
The orange team
The orange Boels rental team in Swindon to which you can belong consists of 8 of enthusiastic colleagues in different disciplines. You will work collaboratively with the Depot Manager, Service Engineers and Hire Controllers to ensure that hired equipment is delivered to the customer at the correct location. At at the end of the hire period, you will ensure that the kit is collected at the right time and from the right place. This depot is conveniently located just off Great Western Way (B4006) and is also a 10 minute cycle ride from Swindon Station. Want to know more about Boels? Check out our story here.
Come join the Boels family
‘Good geographical knowledge of the Swindon area!’ ‘A top understanding of the plant/tool hire or construction/civils industries!’: It's you, so you fit into our orange team. To also become the best at Boels as a driver, you have to:
- Be over 21 (for insurance reasons) and have at least 3 years of driving experience (for insurance reasons)
- Possess a full, clean Driving Licence with a category BE (essential) or category CE (desirable)
- Have previous experience within the plant/tool hire industry
- Display an attention to detail
- Be an excellent team player and communicator.
You get a lot of Boels
If you come to work with Boels Rental as a driver, then you do that for a good reason. We will value your skills and that is why you can expect from us:
- A salary that suits you and the job
- 25 leave days per year plus bank holidays
- Monday to Friday working days as standard
- Boels Rental invests in your development to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date
- You can stay fit and healthy by taking advantage of the cycle to work scheme.
Is the job of driver in Swindon a bullseye? Upload your CV now. Do you still have questions? I am happy to answer via WhatsApp on 0031 639 111 121. Will I hear from you soon?